Wednesday, May 28, 2008

You Tube Site Experience

This is actually the first time I have ever gone into You Tube. I had an idea of what it is and have looked over people's shoulder as they viewed videos. I am really amazed with what is on this site. In just a short time I have watched my middle school band perform, watched the video produced by the kids in our video production class, and enjoyed numerous funny and interesting videos. In addition to these casual videos I also found numerous "how to" videos demonstrating many of the skills and sports we teach in class. Specifically I found videos of team handball which are very interesting and would be great to show the kids as we teach that unit. I found videos teaching the triple jump technique and a slow motion breakdown of it that would be really beneficial for my coaches and athletes. The features which I believe would be useful or helpful on school sponsored sites are the tags which help guide the user to a specific sections, the ability to blog on the site, the ability to run contests and organize groups and video selections as well as the ability to share videos.

No comments: