Thursday, June 5, 2008

Library Thing

This is really an interesting site to explore. I included some of my favorite titles on my list and then check into the comments posted about these books. It is really interesting to read the observations and analysis about titles I am interested in. It is another form of social networking in that one can communicate and exchange ideas and thoughts about a work with someone from anywhere in the world. I believe the ideas expressed on this site could be used to get a sense of the quality or worth of a book as I would assume most of these people are making their comments without a personal agenda. I found it interesting to explore some of the other members libraries who had the same books I listed in theirs. The ability to make friends with those who share your same tastes would be quite a valuable and fun way to discuss and find new material to read.

http://www.librarything.com/catalog/rcr4

1 comment:

AS EYE C IT said...

I had a hard time thinking of my favorite books. I didn't want to put Introduction to Athletic Training or Sports Ethics...